Monday, June 7, 2010

Keeper of Time


The first time I saw him it was in a dream.

It was months ago. In my dream, I opened my eyes and sat up in my bed. Everything was exactly the same in my room as it was when I fell asleep. But there were two small impish creatures next to my bed.. they were blue and glowing. One was male, one was female. They were chained to eachother and couldn't break free. They looked miserable, tired, imprisoned. They reminded me of The Devil Tarot card. The male was trying to ask for my help. I was frightened, and ran towards my door.

And there he was. He was as tall as the door itself. He was dark and cloaked. I could not see his face, but he held something in his hand. At times it looked like a box, and at times it looked like a clock. He said nothing, but I understood his implications. To me, he was the Keeper of Time. As I ran through him and out my door, I heard in my mind that I could never escape him. He wasn't trying to hurt me, but he wasn't trying to help me. He was neither good nor bad, he just was. He always kept a close eye on me, and it seemed he was getting closer.

That image of him made a huge impact on me. He felt real to me. Not quite a guardian, but something of the sort. Someone important perhaps.

A month later, I was meditating. I was doing a heart chakra meditation where I visited my temple. But I saw something very different from my usual temple. I saw the cloaked man again. Only, this time, he held a limp woman in his arms. She looked dead, or close to it. I watched him carry her to a temple of stones in ruin. There was one stone untouched. It was a sacrificial table. He lifted her up and delicately set her down on this stone.

Then I saw that the woman was me.

2 comments:

  1. i can totally explain this all ... but i would sound as crazy as this dream ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. go for it. i'm not really one to jump to the "you're crazy" conclusion. :)

    ReplyDelete