Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Departure Time: Delayed


I find myself in an airport. I am lucid from the start, as has happened in this airport before. It's as if the security gates are the gates into automatic awareness.

It's a busy evening for travelers. The airport is filled with people bustling around. Some rushing and hectic, some wandering and stranded. I don't know any of these people. Most of them keep rushing past me without paying attention to my presence. But some notice me. And they keep trying to talk to me. It seems some of them are yelling. I bump into a South American man in his early 30s as I walk through the crowds. He is speaking angrily in Spanish as he looks back at me. I turn and say "Lo siento," as I shrug my shoulders. He laughs and smiles and continues on his way. I turn back and find there are more and more people trying to talk to me. The noise builds and reaches the level of an orchestral cacophony and I can no longer distinguish words. I become overwhelmed.

I go to sit on the floor next to some chairs against a wall. (More like I hide there.) I look to my left. I am sitting next to a girl. She is young, maybe 12 years old. She has the softest blond hair and the biggest bluest eyes I've ever seen. Her beauty is striking to me, and as I stare at her, realization begins to sink in. She stares back at me, curious but blank.

I ask her, "Are you dead?" She responds with a timid, uninterested "yes."

I am beginning to assess my bearings now but need clarification. "Are you human?" I ask her, mentally debating on the use of "are" or "were" with a ghost.

She again replies with a yes, but this time, her eyes have locked on my own and she seems to be waiting for me to do or say something. She silently expects something from me.

This is when I come to understand the nature of the airport and my role here. I know I am here in the spirit of service. All these people are just spirits trying to get home, and some of them are having trouble doing it on their own. However, I don't know how exactly to help. I tried summoning a friend of mine who could help, as I do in many of my lucid dreams, but no one came. I get caught up in the confusion and my focus shifts from the people in the airport to me. As this happens, everyone just disappears. I am now in a dark, abandoned airport. I was essentially kicked out of that level of dreaming!

Now I know I need to put in some thought and preparation for my next try at the spirit airport, and hopefully I can get something done.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...you have taken a wonderful journey into the world of service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stillwater Airport. Its good to hear you spreading your gifts to those in you dreams, and in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ... this reminds me of the practice of feeding the hungry ghosts before meditation ... touching recounting

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to blog more often about your dreams!

    ReplyDelete